- Dr. Douglas M. Poorman, DVM - I am a 1997 graduate of The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. I have been practicing veterinary medicine for 14 years and have had the opportunity to work on large and small animals, as well as a variety of exotic pets. Petplex Animal Hospital opened in November of 2003, and I have enjoyed the generous support of the Buckeye Lake community. We moved into our current facility in March of 2010 and have been excited to be able to offer our clientele improved services because of the additional space in the new hospital.I grew up in a rural community similar to Buckeye Lake and enjoyed spending time in the summer on my grandparent’s farm. I have always had a variety of pets (dogs, cats, etc.) and spent a good deal of my childhood working with livestock and horses. These experiences have always drawn me toward the field of veterinary medicine and helped me appreciate the human animal bond.I am pleased that my staff and I are able to provide exceptional care for the pets in our community. As we get to know our clients it becomes more and more obvious that the pets we see are more like members of family and that when they hurt, we hurt too. We always try to treat our patients with the same care and concern that we would want for the loved ones in our lives.
- Dr. Jessica Williamson, DVM – I started at Petplex in April of 2007. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree from Georgetown College, and received my veterinary degree from The Ohio State University. I have been working in the Licking County area since 2005. I am married and have a son. We have 3 dogs, 2 guinea pigs and 1 fish. I enjoy reading, cooking, shopping, and spending time with my family.
- Dr. Julie C. Mestemaker, DVM - I just recently began working at Petplex in March of 2011 and have enjoyed meeting so many wonderful clients and their pets! I am a two time graduate of The Ohio State University, completing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Zoology in 1994, followed by a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine in 1997. I have a special interest in preventative medicine and dentistry.I am married and am the proud mother of four incredible children. I enjoy the company of my beautiful dog, Ziggy, a four year old Vizsla, and my very affectionate cat, Sweetie. When I find some free time, I like to garden, read, play various sports, and cook for my family and friends.
- Dawn S. Faught – I am the Office Manager and have worked here at Petplex since we opened in 2003. I have worked in the veterinary field for over 20 years. I attended Ohio Dominican University and Ohio State School of Cosmetology. This area has been my home for 25 years. My daughter, Amanda, is a student of Ohio University. Charm and Rocky are my two horses, and I also have five cats—all rescues or special needs babies. Hairy, my black Scottish terrier, is my best buddy. He goes everywhere with me. The latest addition to my family is Ana Rose. She is wheaten Scottish terrier, full of life and fun. When I am not working, I enjoy riding my horses, being outdoors, doing anything from baling hay to camping, truck and tractor pulls, and cooking.
- Matthew Harvey -I am the assistant manager, technician and care-giver in the boarding kennels at Petplex Animal Hospital. I am a 2003 graduate of Watkins Memorial High School and a 2008 graduate of Ohio Northern University, with a bachelor of Science in Biology. While attending college, I worked as a veterinary assistant at Petplex during the summers. Having grown up around animals all my life, I know the joy and benefits of having them in my life. I have a golden retriever named Teah, and two cats named Binks and Circe .
- Megan Welch – I have worked as a technician here at Petplex for the past four years. I graduated from Lakewood High School and the Bradford Vet-Tech Institute with a degree in Veterinary Technology. I have 3 cats named Sampson, Apollo and Selene. Like most people in this field, they were adopted when in need of a good home. In my spare time outside of work I enjoy spending time with my husband and our son.
- Amanda Swick – I am a 2007 graduate of the Vet Tech Institute at Bradford Schools. I have an Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology, and have successfully completed the Veterinary Technician National Exam. I currently reside in the country with my husband, five horses, and two Australian Shepherds named Tater and Wrangler. I have been working in the veterinary field for the past four years. In my spare time, I enjoy volunteering for the Pony Express, (horseback riding program for disabled children), competing at horse shows and spending time with friends and family. I have always enjoyed working with animals and love my occupation as a Registered Veterinary Technician.
- Tiffany Davis – I graduated in 2007 from the Vet Tech Institute at Bradford School with an Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology, and have successfully completed the VTNE (Veterinary Technician National Exam). Currently I live in the country, on my small horse farm with my two quarter horses, an Australian Shepherd and three cats. Horses have been a passion of mine my entire life. I started barrel racing at the age of eight. This year I am starting my horse, Beau, on learning how to maneuver around cattle. Currently my two year old gelding, Tucker, is in training. Rowdy, my Aussie, enjoys chasing the 4-wheeler daily, and swimming in the pond, while my cats (Houston, Glenn, and Angus) defend my barn. I chose this field of work because of my great passion for animals. Lots of my free time is spent helping find homes for animals in need. I have treated, fostered, and homed many animals in the past seven years of working here and hope I can continue to give back to the animals.
- Sierra Johnson – I am a 2009 graduate of Northridge High School. In 2011, I graduated from the Vet Tech Institute at Bradford School with an Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology. In the fall I will be taking the Veterinary Technology National Exam (VTNE). My Chihuahua, Lexi, and Beagle mix, Henry, love living in the country with me. I have shown lambs for 17 years and now I help current 4-H members get their lambs ready for the fair. In the past I have also shown pigs and had a grand champion pool steer. I enjoy my job very much and look forward to giving back to animals and the community.
- Allie Krofft – I am a 2011 graduate of Bradford School with an Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology. Within the past year I have successfully passed the VTNE to become a Registered Veterinary Technician. I have always been passionate about animals. As a child I was always rescuing injured animals on my family farm. In the future I hope to become more educated so I can better serve our clients and patients.
- Sierra Lehman – I am a registered veterinary technician at Petplex Animal Hospital. I knew from a very young age, that helping animals was my passion and a career I would want to pursue. I attended The Vet Tech Institute of Bradford and graduated with as associates degree. Shortly after attending college, I met who is now my fiance’ and moved to the Buckeye Lake area to start a new life. When I first walked into Petplex, I knew that I had found a place where my love for animals and their well being would be deeply shared. I have four rescue “kids”: Daisy and Bella, my crazy and energetic dogs. Nugget and Meatball, my cats, which should have been born dogs! All of us here at Petplex look forward to meeting you and your pets very soon!
- Sarah Peoples - I am a 2001 graduate of Liberty Union High School. I went on to graduate from the University of Findlay in 2003 with an Associate of Equine Science degree with an emphasis on Western Training. During the summer of 2002 I attended the Kentucky Horseshoeing School and graduated with certification in flat trims and corrective shoeing and I have been shoeing ever since. I am the proud mother of a 6 year old daughter named Samantha and she is as horse crazy as I am. We have an 8 year old boxer named Kahlua and a 13 year old Quarter Horse named Roscoe. After joining the Petplex staff in 2012 we adopted a kitten named Trixie. When I am not working I love spending time with Samantha; we are riding Roscoe, having picnics in the park, or just having a girls night in I cherish every moment.
- Cayla Goodman - I am one of the receptionists here at Petplex. I joined the team in early spring of 2012. I am currently a senior at Fairfield Union High School, and am also attending Ohio University-Lancaster as a post-secondary student. After high school, I plan to attend Muskingum University to major in nursing and specialize in pediatrics. I grew up on a small farm outside of Lancaster and have been very active in 4-H and FFA throughout my childhood. At last years Fairfield County Fair I received the honor of raising the Grand Champion Steer. I have been showing animals at the county fair since I was eight, which is where a lot of my love for animals came from. I have two cats Dale and Mittens. I currently hold the office of Treasure of my local FFA chapter. I am looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life as a college student in the fall.
- Heath Wills- .
- “K” Fell - I am a graduate of Bexley High School and I received an associate degree in Applied Sciences of Veterinary Medicine from Columbus State Community College to become a Registered Veterinary Technician. I graduated from Capital University, earning 2 Bachelors Degrees in General Studies with a focus on the human/animal bond. I designed a human/animal bond course as my senior project which ultimately was taught to honor students at Columbus State Community College.I have practiced as a Registered Veterinary Technician for over thirty years in Columbus and Granville. I have been employed at Petplex Animal Hospital in Buckeye Lake for the past seven years. Douglas Poorman, DVM provided me with the opportunity to redirect my interests and I have been the manager of the Buckeye Lake Pet Club boarding facility since March, 2010. With my years of experience as an RVT and the depth of my interest in studying the human/animal bond; you can be assured that your pet(s) will be cared for as if they are a respected member of my family.On a personal note, I have 3 dogs, Happy, Roo, and Fly Boy and one cat, RJ and a frog, Froggy. I have volunteered at Second Chance, a prison program which instructed inmates in the care of rescued dogs to be placed in permanent, loving homes. I am also very active in environment issues and organizations in the Buckeye Lake community.