Petplex Animal Hospital offers EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE until 10pm on weekdays and weekends on an appointment basis. If your pet is experiencing an emergency or sudden illness, please call 740-929-3300. Due to limited staff and hours, if we are unable to see your pet on emergency, we can assist in referral to the closest 24 hour option.
These are common signs of a pet emergency. If you believe your pet is experiencing any of these emergency symptoms, or if you are unsure, please just give us a call. We will be able to tell you if it is an emergency, and can guide you through next steps to take.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within five minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea – more than two episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more